This highly interactive training seminar focuses on how your organisation can minimise its exposure to risk, reduce costs and the potential for disputes by discussing the key aspects of understanding, drafting and negotiating contracts. It identifies how clear and concise drafting can produce greater efficiencies in your organisation. It also features how to monitor and manage performance failures, and provides tools, tips and techniques on effective resolution of disputes to minimise cost and reputational risk exposure to your organisation.
Skilled negotiators can help not only to minimise risk and increase profit for your organisation, but can also set the foundation for long and mutually beneficial relationships. This training seminar provides practical guidance and key strategies and techniques to appreciably enhance your ability to negotiate more favourable contracts, and to better negotiate solutions to disputes that may arise.
This training seminar will highlight:
- How contracts can be used to manage risk
- The use of different contracting strategies
- Proper contract formation and drafting
- Ways of dealing with performance failures
- Strategies, tools and techniques for effective negotiation
- Managing claims and resolving disputes
Participants will gain greater knowledge through presentations by an experienced international practitioner designed to both educate and challenge. Extensive use will be made of case studies and real examples of contracts and projects. Open and instructive group discussions will also be facilitated encouraging delegates to raise questions, and share their own experiences.
Commercially successful contracts support the ongoing profitability of your organisation; assessing the issues and how to deal with them can be a daunting task.
Your organisation will benefit by:
- Developing an appreciation of the risks of using different types of contracting strategy
- Enhancing internal capacity to assess and manage key contractual risks
- Identifying the enforceability and interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Minimising the time and cost impact of potential conflicts and disputes
- Ensuring better monitoring and managing of performance issues
- Exploring alternative ways of reducing the impact of disputes
Attendees will gain by participation in this training seminar as a result of:
- Broadening your knowledge of a variety of contracting strategies
- Extending your understanding of key risk areas and their management
- Improving your knowledge of contract formation and proper drafting
- Developing your knowledge of monitoring and managing performance failures
- Enhancing your strategic negotiation skills
- Boosting your confidence in dealing with potential disputes