Project personnel working on medium to large construction projects continue to face mounting challenges in the delivery of their projects. The rapid impact of globalization has placed even stricter demands on project delivery time, cost and quality.
Knowledgeable executives recognize that a major ingredient for project success is the active project management. It is therefore essential to have a working understanding of project planning, estimating, scheduling, and execution control procedures.
Construction projects often encounter costly claims which delay projects and cause owners and contractors to incur damages. Understanding construction administration and claims avoidance goes a long way towards achieving sound project objectives.
This training course highlights the following topics:
- Practice in project management techniques
- Techniques to collaboratively work with others
- Understand crucial issues affecting performance
- Methods to meet deadlines
- Proven techniques to achieve project success
This training program enhances learning with practical activities so participants can develop knowledge and skills to manage their work more effectively and efficiently.
- Group discussions of best practices
- Practice on key concepts to learn techniques of task planning
- Discussion on the latest techniques for project cost, and time management
- Presentations that demonstrate concepts and techniques
- Better outcomes in transactions with contractors and suppliers
- Reduced total cost of materials & services
- Higher productivity of personnel involved in procurement activities
- Improved contractor / supplier relationships that bring higher performance
- Develop skills in interpersonal interaction to better team work
Attendees will gain by participation in this training program as a result of:
- Understanding the nature and rational for Site Management and Supervision
- How to plan for and run site meetings
- Planning and scheduling work
- Monitoring and controlling the progress of the job
- Cost control and progress payment administration
- Managing Changes and Resolving disputes